UMD Bulldogs Men’s Hockey Team Release 2012 – 2013 Schedule, Marks Final Season in WCHA
The upcoming season marks the end of an era for the UMD Bulldog Men’s Hockey program. The 2012-2013 season marks the last season the Bulldogs will compete in the Western Collegiate Hockey Conference before moving to the all-new National Collegiate Hockey Conference.
The schedule features a more even home-away ratio compared to last year’s, which had a couple long road trips keeping the team away from home fans for over a month at one point. The Bulldogs open the season at home for a series against Ohio State October 12 and 13, and then hit the road to take on Notre Dame the following weekend.
- Oct. 12-13 –Ohio State (Home)
- Oct. 18-19 –at Notre Dame
- Oct. 26-27 –Wisconsin (Home)
- Nov. 10-11 –at Nebraska-Omaha
- Nov. 16-17– at North Dakota
- Nov. 23-24 –St. Cloud State (Home)
- Nov. 30-Dec. 1 –at Michigan Tech
- Dec. 7-8 –Bemidji State (Home)
- Dec. 14-15 –at Alaska Anchorage
- Dec. 28-29 –Florida College Classic, Estero, Fla.
- Jan. 11-12 – Michigan Tech (Home)
- Jan. 18-19 –at Colorado College
- Jan. 26 –USA UNDER 18 (Home)
- Feb. 1-2 –Denver (Home)
- Feb. 8-9 –Minnesota State-Mankato (Home)
- Feb. 15-16 –at Bemidji State
- Feb. 22-23 –at Minnesota
- March 1-2 –Alabama-Huntsville (Home)
- March 8-9 – Nebraska-Omaha (Home)
- March 15-17 –WCHA Playoffs, first round
- March 21-23 –WCHA Final Five, St. Paul
- March 29-31 –NCAA Regionals
- April 11-13 –Frozen Four, Pittsburgh
The new conference the Bulldogs join will consist of many WCHA members; with the full new conference lineup including the Bulldogs, St. Cloud State, University of North Dakota, Nebraska-Omaha, Western Michigan, Miami of Ohio, University of Denver, and Colorado College. The WCHA will also lose the University of Minnesota, Ohio State, and Wisconsin to the new Big 10 Hockey Conference.