Grandma’s Marathon Parking Information For Racers & Spectators
Grandma’s Marathon is the busiest weekend in Duluth every year, and traffic and parking can become a challenge. Here is some helpful information on parking, so you know where you’re going before you get there!
On race morning, traffic will be heavy. Grandmas suggests that runners taking a bus to the starting line from on of the bus locations arrive as early ass possible.
Parking In The DECC ramp & Open Lot:
- Parking will be available in the DECC parking Ramp & DECC lot adjacent to the movie theatre.
- To access the ramp from I-35, take the Lake Avenue/ 5th Avenue West Exit (256B)
- Cost is $5.00 per vehicle
- EXPECT SIGNIFICANT TRAFFIC DELAYS NEAR THE DECC FROM 5-7PM FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST DURING THE RUNNING OF THE WILLIAM A. IRVIN 5K. During this time, you are recommended to find a parking space in downtown Duluth and use the Skywalk to access the DECC.
Parking Next to Bayfront Park
To access these lots from I-35, take the 5th Avenue West Exit (256B)
These lots will not be accessible during the William A. Irvin 5k on Friday from 5-7pm.
Parking in Downtown Duluth
- There are multiple public parking ramps, lots and spaces in downtown Duluth. To access these lots from I-35, take exit 256A (Mesaba Avenue / Superior Street Exit) to Michigan Street.
- Skywalk access to the DECC is at 3rd Avenue West and Michigan Street.
- Parking fees vary. Please follow all parking regulations.
Download the complete Grandmas Marathon Weekend Activity Guide for all the information and maps that you need.